The University of Valencia (UV), together with the S.D. Correcaminos and Titaguas Major will organize the International Orienteering Open & 1st European Universities Orienteering Trophy.
Approved by both, the Spanish and the International Federation of Orienteering, the event will take place in the surrounding area of the village of Titaguas (Valencia) from the 24th to 26th April 2015.
The University of Valencia has a wide experience in the organization of university competitions both, national and international, with great success which has made it be considered as one of the best European Universities.
In the year 2013 this university got the 7th place regarding its sport results among 199 European Universities, and it was the 1st one of the Spanish ones in the official report of EUSA on the European Universities Championships 2013.
The S.D. Correcaminos has also a wide experience in the organization of sports events, especially in running and orienteering. This Association organize with great success the Marathon of Valencia, very well known around the world (www.maratonvalencia.com).
Regarding the more specific sport of Orienteering, the University of Valencia has been offering a wide range of activities, sport among colleges, free election courses, and championships with other Spanish and International universities. Besides, in 2005, the University of Valencia hosted the Spanish University Championship in Orienteering.
Moreover, UV is well known for paying special attention to disable people focusing on adapted sport thanks to the work carried out by the Unit for the Integration of Disable People, the Sport Service and the Chair Divina Pastora for Adapted Sport.
From the exposed above, we are pleased to welcome you to participate to “International Orienteering Open & 1st European Universities Orienteering Trophy” including an event of “Trial-O” accessible to physically disable competitors.
Since, we consider that this competition will reinforce the aim of working on sport as a means to make students from different countries share the same values.
José Campos Granell
Head of the Sport Service of the University of Valencia (Spain)
The University of Valencia holds a strong experience in the organization of sports events, the following being the most notable:
University sport events
- 1999 – Spanish University Championships: Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Chess, Golf, Squash, Table Tennis, Tennis.
- 2002 – Spanish University Championship: Women’s Handball
- 2002 – 5th WUC Women’s Handball
- 2005 – Spanish University Championships: Sailing, Orienteering
- 2006 – EUSA General Assembly
- 2006 – 9th WUC Taekwondo
- 2007 – European Universities Beach Volleball Championship
- 2008 – Ist. Iberoamerican Sports University Meeting
- 2010 – 10th WUC Triathlon
- Organization and collaboration in other sports events, along with Valencia City Hall, the County Council, and the Regional Government of Valencia.
- 1999-2010 – Orienteering courses for beginners
- 2003-2014 – Orienteering School
- 2003-2014 – Orienteering sport club
- 2005 – CADU, University Regional Championships: Orienteering
- 2005 – CEU, University Spanish Championships: Orienteering
- 2006 – CADU, University Regional Championships: Orienteering
- 2009-2014 – Orienteering internal university league
- 2011 – Valencian Region League event: Orienteering
- 2011 – Orienteering University Open Event
- 2012 – CADU, University Regional Championships: Orienteering
- 2012 – Valencia-Castellón Area League event: Orienteering
- 2013 – Valencia-Castellón Area League event: Orienteering
- 2014 – Valencia-Castellón Area League event: Orienteering
- 2014 – Valencian Region Middle Distance Championships: Orienteering
- 2014 – Orienteering University Open Event: Sprint
- 2014 – Valencian Region League event: Orienteering
- 2015 – CADU, University Regional Championships: Orienteering